On My Mind

Thoughts on Writing and Life from Author Annette Smith

Monday, May 07, 2007

Except For This One Thing

"I find myself fundamentally allied with a vegetarian position
in every way except one: I eat meat."
Barbara Kingsolver



This quote made me laugh and prompted me to think about areas of my own life where my beliefs don't jive with my behavior. Here's my short list:

I'd like to complete a marathon, but I don't run.

Reading classical literature is essential for anyone serious about writing, but I find much of it boring.

Keeping the AC set on 75 is a good way to help preserve the environment, but I get cranky when I'm hot.

An uncluttered house is more calm and restorative than one that's too full, but I'm sentimental and attached to my personal stuff.

Caffeine is bad for you, but I love my Starbucks.

Television rots your brain, but I watch Lost and Gray's Anatomy.

So, what's on your list?

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger sunny said...

*insert witty comment here*

I loved your list so much that when I began my list, I came up with nothing.

Your list is great as-is. However, I'll mull it over and come up with something brilliant - at 2 AM.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Annette Smith said...

Come on girl! Give it your best shot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


© Annette Smith 2006-. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Pulse Point Design