On My Mind

Thoughts on Writing and Life from Author Annette Smith

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Southern Beauty Secret

Last night, at my hospice job, the staff was treated to a delicious peach cobbler. Since I've been trying to exercise and eat a healthier diet lately, I drooled over the sweet dessert, but decided to pass it up.

"Oh, go on, Annette," my friend Sharon urged. "Have a little bit. It won't hurt you. Besides, if you eat peach cobbler you'll have pretty eyebrows."

You think I'm making this up.

I'm not.

Is it any wonder my non-southern writing friends are jealous of the rich quirkiness I'm surrounded by every day?

Just in case you're wondering, I did have some cobbler. And yes, my eyebrows do look pretty. At least that's what Sharon says. In case you'd like to improve the looks of your brows, here's the recipe. Enjoy!

East Texas Peach Cobbler

INGREDIENTS:

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup self-rising flour
2 cups fresh sliced peaches

PREPARATION:
Melt butter in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Mix together flour, sugar, vanilla, and milk to make a batter; pour over the hot melted butter. Do not stir. Arrange peaches evenly over the top. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes, untill browned on top. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


© Annette Smith 2006-. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Pulse Point Design