On My Mind

Thoughts on Writing and Life from Author Annette Smith

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Foster Parent

The Coming Home to Ruby Prairie series is about Charlotte Carter and Tanglewood, her foster home for troubled girls. About ten years ago, Randy and I served as foster parents. It was the most difficult, rewarding, faith-building thing we have ever done.

Recently, I received a message from a foster parent. Her words touched me and I wanted to respond. However, there was no return email address included in the message. If you are that person, would you please contact me again?

Foster parents need encouragement. Please, if you know a foster parent, express your appreciation. Send a note, surprise them with a gift certificate. Bake a cake or wash their car. If you're able, offer to lend a hand for a few hours. You will be blessed as you bless.

Foster parents are truly, truly doing God's work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


© Annette Smith 2006-. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Pulse Point Design