On My Mind

Thoughts on Writing and Life from Author Annette Smith

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Out of the Writing Cave

I'm dancing the happy dance. The yippee-the-book-is-finished-boogie. Making Ends Meet, my just completed novel, is now out of my hands and in my capable editor's possession. I am DONE.

At least for now. Edits will come. There's more work ahead, but for tonight I'm reveling in a reprieve.

During the last month of writing a book, pretty much everything not necessary for sustaining life comes to a halt. I do little cooking or cleaning. Friends get neglected. Wally, my sweet hairy pooch doesn't get brushed. Every spare moment, my behind is parked in my computer chair. I work on finishing, correcting, and polishing the manuscript so as to make deadline.

But once that book baby is birthed? Woo-hoo. I am ready to play. Vacuum. And make dinner. Tonight it was celebratory chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, salad, and brownies. Can you say happy husband?

Happy dog?

Happy writer?

All is well inside our house on this warm spring night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


© Annette Smith 2006-. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Pulse Point Design