On My Mind

Thoughts on Writing and Life from Author Annette Smith

Friday, July 07, 2006

Read Any Good Books Lately?

My taste in books is highly eclectic. I'll read just about anything, including the back of the cereal box and the paper wrapper my bath soap comes in. I've usually got a couple of books going at once.

These are a few I've enjoyed this summer:

Riding the Bus with My Sister, by Rachel Simon
Watching the Tree Limbs, by Mary E. DuMuth
The Soul Tells a Story, by Vanita Hampton Wright
The Dance, and The Invitation, by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
Expecting Adam, and Leaving the Saints, by Martha Beck

While my writing tagline is "Southern Style Fiction" my style of writing is fairly eclectic too. My first book, The Whispers of Angels, is a collection of based-on-actual-events stories I wrote about my experiences as a Registered Nurse. It is to date, by far my most popular book. Nearly ten years after its original publication, this book continues to sell.

After Whispers of Angels, I wrote four more books of short stories. To that, I added two parenting books, Help! My Little Girl's Growing Up, and Help! My Little Boys Growing Up.

In my next post, I'll share how the Coming Home to Ruby Prairie series came about and share what's in store for readers of my next novel.

Until then, happy reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


© Annette Smith 2006-. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Pulse Point Design